Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween and Stuff

Here's a pic of Steff during her recovery from being sedated for her echo...thought I'd share with everyone what she was like-docile...She looks completely out of it. It wasn't long before she returned to her usual spunky self though...












Here's a pic of all three kids on Tuesday morning. It's one of the most recent of all three together...














Here they are in their Halloween costumes...No we didn't leave Steff in just a leotard and no warm clothes. We dressed them all up warm...We went over to Ryan's friend Matt and his wife's house to go out with them. It was good fun. Kieran and his buddy, Nick hung out with the older(the one's their age)kids and went up ahead of us parents and the little ones. We took our time going from house to house. Surprisingly it was a warm night for October. Ryan said he stayed warm and was almost sweating and all but my nose and my butt I was too. You know you got do something about your rear end when it gets cold cuz it sticks out there.
It was a fun night and the first year Steff really got into it...She was rushing from door to door and saying "trick or treat" or at least something that sounded kind of close...Sadie slept through the trick or treating festivities but that's okay because she hasn't been feeling 100%. Kieran had a good time but of course at 8:30 he still wanted to go out more. We made him call it a night.
I tell you, it's not like it used to be. Call me old fashioned, but when we where kids every house had their lights on and now a days it's every third house or so. It's a bummer. I wonder if Halloween will even be around for my grandchildren to enjoy...?














There are other things to blog about...
The other night we went out to see Ryan at work and Kieran had his stocking feet only...As we are cruising down the street I'm thinking it sure stinks in my Jeep...Then I look down to my right ( we sit on the left side of the vehicle ) and there it is...Kieran's feet. They wreaked!!! And, I don't mean a little bit, they were so bad I almost turned around to go home so he could wash his feet and put on some clean socks. It was nauseating...So, I told him to put his shoes on when he informed me that he didn't have any...I wanted to die. As I seriously contemplated the turning around idea he came up with a better idea...He keeps cologne in the Jeep, why? I cannot be sure but it was a handy thing this night...He sprayed his feet...3 times!!! SO, I had stinky feet slighted by the noxious fumes of cologne...What a trip that was. I had to roll all the windows down and open the sunroof to air that puppy out. But, we lived and he washed his feet shortly after we got home...And, I learned to make sure his feet don't stink before he rides anywhere with me...

The other day I was just sitting on the sofa watching tv with Miss Steffanie and I popped my ear. I could finally hear. It was the loudest pop I have ever heard. No wonder Ryan calls me clumsy and I'm always saying "Huh," I couldn't hear anything. It was like when you go into a different elevation and your ears pop-only a lot louder. It was a defining moment in my life. I will never forget the time I had an ear infection and my ear finally cleared up. I can't tell you how long it has been since I've been able to hear out of that ear. I lived with it for so long being all stuffed up that I had forgot what it was like to hear...I cannot put enough stress on how loud the pop was and how clear all the sound of my house became...

Steff's at it again, she's in the dinning room making a mess. She just dumped out all the toys off the shelf that was in there. Oh, well, I guess she's keeping herself busy and out of my hair. Sadie is still asleep. Which is good since she hasn't been feeling well for about a week now. Ryan is also in bed and he won't be up for another couple of hours. Kieran has gone off to school, Steff and I took him at about 8am. He likes to get there early and eat breakfast with his friends...I don't mind because I know he's having a good breakfast and getting to play a little before he has to get right to the grind.

Things are going well. Just getting geared up for the rest of this year's holidays. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Obviously, or I wouldn't have 99% of my Christmas cards finished and ready to go out in the mail. I'm just waiting for the day after Thanksgiving and then they are going out. Shortly after that we put up our tree. We have a tradition with my mom that on her birthday(Nov. 29th) we always put up our tree. So, our tree stays up for an entire month before it comes down.
I really can't believe how excited I am for the holidays this year. I was ready to pull the Christmas stuff out and put out just the decorations and leave the tree for the traditional day. Ryan thinks I'm insane and doesn't understand why I'm so excited this year. I can't be sure why either but I am and I like it.

Well, I better get to getting things done around here. I have a messy mudroom, it's been the catch all for everything that has been taken out of the house and in transit to the attic in the garage. I also need to get the dinning room ready for us to refinish it. I think if we work on it hard enough we can get it done before Thanksgiving and maybe for Christmas I can get a new dinning room set? I'm not holding my breath on that though, they can be pretty expensive and we want to get a good one. I haven't quite informed Ryan that we are going to try and get the dinning room done for the holidays...So, things could change...
As for now, I feel inspired. I will most likely be back later with more Kelstrom family antics. Have a blessed day...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Veronica Foale said...

Poor Steff, she doesn't look too good in the recovery photo.

I love the pic of them dressed up for Hallowe'en. Looks like they had a good time.