Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Quiet With Kids Up

Here's my darling nephew. We are watching him today while his mommy and daddy are at work. He's such a happy and easy going little fella. I never thought I could love my nephew so much but I would do anything for this little doll.













Sadie is entertained right now. She is sitting on the floor watching Sesame Street. I love this. I have a moment to check my emails and blog.

There isn't much to blog about but I feel the urge to ramble on.

So I'll ramble away...read it if you wish.

I'm really close to my 100th blog. I should be posting 100 Things About Me sometime towards the end of this month. I'm excited and have already started working on it.

I'm enjoying a cup of Joe and some M&M's. Boy do they taste great together...
The M&M's are melted on the inside so the chocolate is nice and gooey. Then I wash them down with a nice cup of black coffee. It's almost as good a Starbucks. But not quite.

My back is feeling even better this morning than it was yesterday. It's a little on the stiff side and it's causing my hips to hurt but it's getting better.

My cough is still there but it's being productive today.

Steff seems to be a little better this morning. She woke up around 2:30am with a fever of 101.5 but I gave her some ibuprofen and I can't be sure but I think that helped her sleep a little better.
Both girls got up very early this morning so they will both be need naps around 1:00. I don't mind that though it gives me time alone and I need to have the time to rest my back. I didn't lay down and rest it yesterday so when I went to bed it was raging with pain.

Oh, Sadie is at it again, crawl and crying. It's funny though because she does okay when I'm on my computer. I think it's because she can see me if she feels like it. She will crawl over to the gate we have the computer blocked of with and she'll stand up and babble at me.
I wonder when Sadie is going to start talking. I know she must have things to say but she only says "dada" once in a while.

Oh...how I love coffee...

I have to have Kieran walk to school today because I will have my nephew for the day. My sister in-law has to work and she needed a sitter so I said I'd be happy to do it. Which he's such a good little boy that it's no problem at all to watch him.
The only bummer is that Ryan didn't go to bed until 4:30 this morning so I can't safely wake him up until 11:30 so, that means I won't have his help with the kids.

Oh...my hip is stinging!!! It's get this pain in it that makes me cringe. I grunt and hold my breath when it hurts and I probably look funny. Uuu...

Back to babysitting. It's nice to watch Max because then I don't feel so bad about asking Anne to watch my kids. Not all at once of course but one or two a time.

Ryan's work is having their annual Christmas/Holiday dinner on the 16th. I really look forward to these because they are nice. They take us to one of the nicer steak houses and give us free drinks. It's a really good time. They also give all their employees a bonus check and usually some gift cards to various places.
Last year Ryan got a $350 bonus and a $50 gift card to Walmart. And, each year the bonus has gotten bigger so we are wondering what it will be this year. The company is set to make like a million dollars this month alone.
We plan to use his bonus to buy Christmas presents.
Anyway it's a good company to work for...

I am really wishing I could get a job so we could have extra money for Christmas. Especially since Ryan's work is running low on metals so they have said no overtime in Ryan's area. He said not to worry about it because he knows how to work in other areas and he has things for the Apprenticeship Program that he can do.
Of course, I still bugs me...and worries me. Especially because part of the solution to our money problem is that Ryan needs to work a little more overtime than he usually does. I know it will all work out but I can't help but worrying...

I read something somewhere that said worry is insulting to God. Think of it this way, if you are worrying about something you are not trusting God to provide for you. So, the moral of the story is to not worry about things but instead have faith that God has it under control. I know thinking of this helps me when I worry about things. It always makes me feel better...See, I'm not worried about Ryan working overtime anymore.

I was just looking at my stack of things to do and wow, I could let that overwhelm me really easy. I need to get Kieran signed up for Scouts and for Basketball. I need to call a couple businesses and get some information from them about their payment options. And, the list goes on and on.

I'm really loving having my nephew sitting on my lap. The nicest part is that he's sitting here and he's not grabbing at everything. He's just sittin here watching television and he's watching me type...He's so cute.

My sister got the cutest thing for Sadie for her birthday. We just barely got it because her and her partner were in Hawaii when we had her birthday party. Anyway, she got her a Glo Worm. It's the cutest thing. It plays music and of course it's little face lights up. They are even cuter now than when my brother had one when he was a little kid. He's now 25 so that was a long long time ago.

Each time I go outside to have a cigarette. No, let me rephrase that...Each time I try to go out for a smoke Sadie and Max both start crying. So, I guess I won't be smoking while Max is here at least until Ryan gets out of bed.
I must let you know that I stand at the door and watch what's going on and if one of the kids leaves the living room I put it out and investigate where and what they are doing.

Well, I better go take care of crying kids...

No comments: