Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Shower in Peace

It must be my birthday because I was finally able to take a shower in peace!!!
Yes this is a good day.
I didn't have a single child interrupt me and no cat calls from my husband...
I was all alone and I never wanted to get out.

I had to make myself hate showering so I could deal with the fact that I don't get one every day. I used to enjoy my showers and baths oh...so...much.
I loved shaving my body and washing my hair...Now they are just chores.
Things I have to do...like washing dishes, vacuuming, feeding the kids and God forbid the toilet-cleaning the toilet. Men are gross is all I can safely say about that...

Oh, but I still really do love to shower and dry off with a nice clean towel and put on nice clean clothes...

And, the feeling when you open the door to your misty bathroom and you get a rush of cool air. Oh, that's heaven on earth...I'm getting the chills just thinking about how great that felt.

Usually the bathroom door stays open so my children can come and go as they see fit. I'm usually trying to get Steff out of whatever she is getting in to and pluck the garbage out of Sadie's darling little fists...
All while I get soap in my eyes and my mouth because I'm trying to get it off and fast!!!

I've mastered the art of speed showering.
If it were a sport moms all over the world would be competing for the tittle and it'd be some tough competition...

I also usually have to fetch a towel I have previously used from the back of the door and it takes everything I've got left to find clean clothes amongst the piles of dirty ones.

One day it will all be different and showers will be one of my favorite things to do again...but for now I'll take the occasional shower and the knowledge that my children love me too much to be far from me for even 5 minutes...

I have the greatest job in the world.
Oh...how I love to be a mom. . .

1 comment:

Veronica Foale said...

Isn't showering alone such a luxury?

I love the photo's of your family, they are adorable.