Monday, November 12, 2007

The Day Turned Out Good

Yesterday turned out to be a good day. Ryan and I had our fight in the morning but we were happy and had gotten over it by late morning. Ya wanna know what started the fight? Nah...it's over.
We ended up not doing a whole lot of anything, not even our usual house cleaning. Of course, after our fight neither one of us wanted anything to do with what caused the fight. We just spent time as a family.
In the evening we went over to great Grandpa and Grandma's because it was Grandpa's 87th birthday. He's such a spunky sports fan, even at his age. He watches sports all the time, unless he's at work. Yes, folks this man still works. He's an RV Salesman...he still sales recreational vehicles. It is so amazing.
We had a really good time over there. Ryan was in some kind of fun mood. People might not remember but the way he was last night was the way he was before having a mortgage and family and all the responsibilities that go with them got to him. He has been on anti-depressants and they have given the world back the man that it had five years ago.
Sometimes I feel like I ruined him. I know that it was more than just me but it started with me. I used to have such problems and I have changed my life in ways that are seen and unseen. I wasn't a very good person and as much as I wanted to be the person inside, I wasn't. I didn't know how to be. He must have been affected by my negativity some how.
All that used to be my life is dead and gone but sometimes I wonder the impact it had on Ryan...
Back to our good evening...After we got home from the grandparent's house we put the kids to bed and watched Transformers...What a good movie...Ryan and I grew up watching Transformers on television so it was a real treat to watch a movie about it. We both loved it. It had good humor, very little romance and a lot of action...All the makings for a good flick. I can't express how much we loved it. We will definitely be buying that movie for our collection.
It was such a good movie that I ended up staying up until 2 am watching it. I never do that because I know how rough it is to try and live the next day. Taking care of kids on very little sleep is no fun.
Right now Kieran is in the shower, Steff is still asleep and Sadie is in the kitchen getting into mischief. She keeps going after the bag of hamburger buns. I have brought her back into the living room once and she went right back into the kitchen. She's being so funny and good.
Oh...Steff just woke up.
It's time for me to go get something done.

No comments: