Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Not So Great Surprise

So, today is my father in-laws sixtyith birthday and he's an Atlanta Colts fan and Ryan is an Oakland Raiders football fan. Both teams play each other on Dec 16th. So my sister in-law had the great idea to send them both together to watch the game.
My father in-law opened his gift and Anne announced that there may be another ticket in the room. I had bought a nice Christmas card for Ryan and put his ticket in it. And, he opened it.
Then he jokingly said he didn't want to go watch his Raiders lose to the Colts...
Then he said, "How much did that cost?"
My feelings are so hurt...
He not only gets to go to a pro football game but it's far enough away that he gets to have a little vacation away from work and he gets to leave home for a couple of days. And, all he wants to know is how much it cost!!!
What I wouldn't give to get away like that...Or better yet, to get a mini-vacation...
But needless to say it wasn't such a great gift. He wasn't at all excited or surprised.
As I said before, my feelings are pretty hurt...

1 comment:

Veronica Foale said...

Ouch! I can see why your feelings are hurt. I hope he appreciates it more tomorrow.