Monday, October 29, 2007

Tongues, Lost Friends, Leasons Learned, and...

I have come to the conclusion that Christmas cards are evil...but not as evil as the days when we had to lick stamps...Actually, I never had to lick stamps for Christmas cards that was before I cared to send them. But, I did still stick my tongue out of my mouth for better concentration while I stuck them to each of the 50 envelopes that I had to stick stamps, return labels and address labels to...My poor tongue was clueless and I couldn't do it without my tongue sticking out I wasn't steady enough and I just didn't feel right....Once I tried it without my tongue out they went all crooked...



I was thinking about Kieran's dad today. It's been over a year since his death and it still feels like a new wound at times. I don't know how Sean's parents can handle losing a child. I lost a friend and it hurts severely...Then there's Kieran...how does he handle losing his daddy. I say daddy because Sean wasn't his father or his dad, he was his daddy. He did everything, including live for our son.
I miss my friend...



I went to the doctor again...Yeah, I see the doc a lot but it's a good thing I went this time because I was on the wrong antibiotic and my white blood count was through the roof. He changed my antibiotic and said to get back in to him in 72 hours if I wasn't feeling better.
You know what Ryan said? "So, you weren't faking it." I had to laugh...Of course, I wasn't faking it. Why would I want to lay around and do nothing for 3 days?
Don't answer that...



Kieran learned not to fart in my jeep tonight...I taught him a little lesson...He told me on the way out to the jeep that he had something for me and I being older and wiser let him know that my auto door locks unlock the drivers side first...I proceeded to jump into the jeep and he was pulling on the handle with this sneaky grin on his face...I proceeded to start the jeep. At that point he no longer thought it was funny so he started jumping up and down and screaming. We were in the Walmart parking lot...So, I took to his please and opened the door. I didn't want to get put in jail for some kind of strange child abuse charge. At this point I asked if he understood that I don't like him farting in my jeep. He got the point and quickly rolled his window down to air the joint out...Lesson learned....Mom wins again....
PS-I never would have left him. I didn't even have my seat belt on or the jeep in reverse. I was still in park and had my hand on the door to unlock it...


Ryan seems to be out of his funk and feeling much better. When I talked to him at lunch he was doing well. He was all hyped up and acting fun. That was a nice surprise. Even if he did have another address for me to send a Christmas card to...

The girls are in bed and the house is somewhat quiet...The evening news is on and it's time for me to call it a day...

Word of wisdom for the day...If your actions are hurting the one you love then your actions are wrong...

2 comments:

Veronica Foale said...

Poor Keiran, I didn't realise his dad had died. I can't imagine how he feels, or you for that matter.

Glad your antibiotics are working now, why do they always say, 'oh so you were truly sick?' silly men. But if they are sick, then the world is ending. Ack.

Veronica Foale said...

Kieran*** ack, sorry, no sleep.