Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So Far Civilized

So this day has started out pretty civilized. Steff woke up sometime after 8 and was surprisingly happy. She has however taken her first poop of the day. She's so stinky, she gets if from her dad I smell like roses.
Right now the girls are playing with Steff's blanket and as I hear Sadie screaming I take a glance and there is Steff doing some kind of wrestling move on her that has her pinned to the ground. Then she takes her blanket and tries to smother the poor girl. Needless to say, I had to rescue Sadie from the clutches of "Destructor."
For those of you who don't know, destructor was a nickname Steff dawned while she was still small because both then and now she can destroy anything. I do mean anything. We have to check the stability of toys and items that we buy because there isn't a single thing that she hasn't figured out how to break. You think I'm joking about that but I couldn't be more serious. We buy epoxy almost ever month to glue the toys she breaks back together.
I'm proud of myself today...I successfully dressed Sadie and have attempted dressing Steff. I say attempted because she's a big girl and if she doesn't want to cooperate there is nothing I can do for the time being. It always has to be her idea.

Steff just pooped again!!! She came over to me showing me her fingers and telling me they were "ucky," I thought it was a booger....WRONG!!! Yep, she stuck her fingers into her shitty diaper! There is neverrrrrr a dull moment. The only good to come of the latest poop is that I successfully got her dressed.

Looks like Christmas is coming early for Tricia...Sadie's 1st b-day party is in 4 days and my camera took a crap so Ryan conceded that I need a new one before Saturday. I'm so excited and I checked the RC Willey add and found a camera that is almost exactly what we talked about getting...for the wonderful price of $100. It's a steal but we'll see what Ryan thinks when he gets up.

So, my doctors appointment went excellent. Yeah, I know, what woman says that her yearly doctor's appointment went excellent? ME! That's who, for one simple reason...I had a pregnancy test so I could get the depo shot and it was negative. This is great news since Sadie's first birthday is lurking close and the last time we had a first birthday party we announced that I was pregnant again. I have to admit that I was quite certain that it would be negative but there was a little doubt in my mind.

I have been reading, "The Secret" lately and have learned the secret to life....Are ya ready? It's all quite easy...Positive thinking....That's pretty much the gist of it. I wanted to die when that was all there was to it. Here I am thinking I'm going to have to adjust my life immensely and lo it's as easy as that. I couldn't have been more happy. I can go on living with positive thoughts and have it all...Yeah, right. I think I'll just keep my faith in the Lord. It was a nice book but my pessimistic self says that always thinking positive would sure set me up for some serious disappointment. Don't get me wrong I will try it. I'm willing to try anything to make my life better. Okay anything but denying God. I'd die for that cause and if Revelation is any bit correct I will be dying for that cause.

I am thinking positive that today is going to be a nice, mellow, clean house filled day. I don't mean I'm doing the cleaning because I learned this morning that cleaning is bad for your health. Sure, I'd love to have one of those immaculate homes but my health is important-right. http://frogpondsrock.blogspot.com/2007/10/cleaning-is-bad-for-you.html You don't believe me? Check this out.

1 comment:

Veronica Foale said...

Hey, Mum will be rapt that you linked to her as well lol.

Yeah I am a bit pessimistic about the secret. Silly fad if you ask me.

Hope your day is good.