Friday, October 26, 2007

Steff's Clean Bill of Health

Today was a great day in our lives. In spite of the fact that we had to reschedule Steffanie's cardiology appointment so she could be sedated, we learned that her heart has completely healed itself. She no longer has any health restrictions and she does not have to go down to see the cardiologist again. We have said many prayers of thanks to the Lord and we hope you share in our excitement.
To tell you of today's events I have to start at the very beginning and tell you that I got up at 6:30 and then I woke up the rest of the family at 7 am and we all left our house by 7:20am. I think it's a new world record for getting a family of five ready and out the door in 20 minutes.
We had Anne watch Kieran and Sadie for us so that we could just concentrate on Steff and her needs.
I know we are both thankful that she offered to watch them for us.
So, we had them dropped off by 7:30 and somehow we were able to stop at Starbucks for coffee, stop in Farmington so I could tinkle and we got to PCMC(Primary Children's Medical Center) by 8:40. We were ten minutes late but we weren't extremely late. I was shocked because traffic could have been really bad and it wasn't.
We spent almost 4 hours at PCMC...That's a long time to spend inside of a hospital. I don't know how those parents that have children there for indefinite amounts of time do it. I thank the Lord that I haven't had to live in a children's hospital with any of my children.
When we got there we found out we were the first appointment to be sedated. Steff screamed her head off while they put in the IV and kept on going until the medicine started working.
It was a long echocardiogram because the technician knew what she was to look at but Ryan and I both asked the nurses that were in charge of her sedation how much medicine she needed in comparison to other children. The funny part was that she needed more than most but she still could have had a little more by the time the test was done. That goes to say something about what a spit fire she is. Even heavy sedatives couldn't keep her completely still for very long. She wiggled and talked off and on through the whole procedure. I had to laugh.
The good thing about being a spitfire is that she came to really easy and was ready to continue with her day as normal after only about 1/2 hour....We of course had to wait for 45 minutes to have the doctor come in and tell us that she was completely healed. All in all is was a good day...

1 comment:

Veronica Foale said...

Thats great! Glad Steff is fine!!!