Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Time Alone

I love it when this happens...when I get time all to myself. Right now, Kieran has gone off to school and the girls are still asleep. I have time alone. It doesn't happen often and I have to say, when it does, I sure appreciate it more than if it did happen more. And, I thought yesterday was a good morning because Steff slept in and Sadie was quietly playing on the floor. Today's an even better treat.

Today is grocery day...Yuck!!! I really don't like grocery day, it's exhausting. After spending and hour and half searching for what we need, we have to come home and spend another 30 minutes putting the stuff in its proper place. Yeah, I have to say, "I hate it." Not only does it take a nice chunk of my otherwise lazy day, it also wears me out. I get so tired for some unknown reason. I know it's not just me though because Ryan says it wears him out too.
Another icky thing about grocery day is that it takes away from Ryan's time to spend with me and the girls. Yeah, we are technically spending time together but it's not quality time, if you ask me.

I know I said I'm enjoying this time alone but honestly, I feel like going back to bed for another hours or so. You see, Sadie woke me up at 6 because she wanted a bottle. So, I figured she was gonna get up and thus, I got up. That was two hours ago...She's still not up and here I am blogging and boring you to death.

Nothing new has been going on with my family. No exciting news to type about...I just kinda write about the boring stuff of each day or the random thoughts in my head. I'm not saying that I wish something exciting would happen, because usually exciting things are also tragic things. I'm just saying, "sorry for boring everyone to tears..." and that I wish something cool would happen, like Sadie walking or something like that.

Ryan is finally getting excited for Christmas. He's such a Scrooge...It really bums me out and it's really irritating, I don't particularly like hearing him say he hates Christmas. And, I told him my feelings last night. I explained that it's not fair for him to hate something and to make it very clear to those of us who love the season and the holiday. It's just not fair. It can be very hurtful when your feeling all giddy and can't wait and he states how bad he hates Christmas. It's a real downer.
I asked him why he hates Christmas...His reason? Money...It's always about money. He always hates anything that costs him money. Hell, he doesn't even take me out on dates because it costs money. His idea of a date is a steak and a rented dvd from Redbox, where it only costs a dollar...Well, I hate to tell him but I am home allll....day long and once in a while it would be nice to get out and away from the kids. I wouldn't mind if he took me into McDonalds for a happy meal, just get me out of this house once in a while.
Yes, I have told him this but for some reason he says we'll do things like this more and yet, we never do. I'm getting sick of not feeling important enough to spend the time and money and energy to get me out of the house.
I think for Christmas I'll just ask for a date night. Then it won't cost him money right away and he can just give me a piece of paper that states he owes me one date night. I think that's an excellent idea. And, maybe, just maybe I'll actually get to go on a date with my husband...whom I adore and find very nice to be around.

Well, that's all the "stuff" I have to whine about and blog about for now. My children will most likely do something that warrants a blog...but they're still not up...

No comments: