Monday, December 3, 2007

I Love Mornings Like This

This is the kind of morning I love to have. It's just me and Sadie. Kieran has gone off to school and Steff is still sleeping.
Sadie is over playing with some toys and being very good. As if there is any other way she really ever is....I've been watching the news and checking email and now, blogging.
The reason I love mornings like this is because they are so relaxing. Having just Sadie up makes it easy to relax. Once Steff gets up I will be running around do this, that, and the other thing. She's kind of a demanding and strong willed child.
For the past two mornings Steff didn't get up until 10:30, I'm hoping for another day like that. Once she gets up, Sadie goes down for her nap and that makes it nice to just spend time with each of them, alone. I feel like a good mom when I have a chance to devote all my time and energy with one at a time.


I'm still really excited for Christmas and Santa got all the stocking stuffers for our stockings so he can't wait to fill them. He hasn't gotten our big gifts yet but he made a call to me and let me know that I should let Kieran know he has all the stuffers and that he's gonna be getting the big stuff soon and to let him know he still needs to be a good kid.

I remember last year, we would wrap a gift every couple days and place it under the tree before Kieran got home from school. He liked coming home and seeing new gifts and it helped him be on his best behavior for his teacher. She said it was the easiest month she ever had with him.

Speaking of Kieran's former teacher...I spoke with her a couple months ago and she made it clear that the reason Kieran has male teacher was because she and the school counselor had a say in which teacher he got. I told her they made a good choice and that he is having an excellent year.

As you've probably already figured out, I have had a few cups of coffee. I think I'm gonna go play with more Christmas stuff...

No comments: