Thursday, December 20, 2007

The End to This Day

Today, has been a good day. I did quite a bit and here I sit feeling the exhaustion. It's okay though, I feel good about today. We went Christmas shopping, Kieran and I went to a doctor's appointment and then we sat at Walmart for an hour while they filled my prescriptions. Yeah, it was an hour...I couldn't believe it. Why did it take so blasted long? Don't know and can't change it but it still just blows my mind.

I really enjoyed Christmas shopping and we are finished, except for one gift card to FYE for ten bucks. That's it and we're done. I will probably go get it tomorrow sometime and then we'll be completely finished. That's so exciting. There have been years where we have been shopping on Christmas eve, those days sucked-big time. Not this year, praise the Lord.

The kids were pretty good tonight...Kieran was my little buddy and I really enjoyed spending time alone with him. He was fun...as he usually is when I remember he's just a kid and he needs to act like one. Dr. E put him on a new med...he put him on Paxil for his anxiety and his anger and stress level. He did a lot of talking and asked Kieran many questions before he asked me if I'd rather wait until after the holidays or if I wanted to try it now. I obviously chose to have him get on it now, but with good reason. He's been down and having a hard time with Sean not being here and he's been having peer problems at school and that just adds to his stress level even once he's home. It's not like we can't take him off it once his stressors have reduced. I just think he needs it for a period of time. Besides, it will be interesting to see if we see any changes in him.

Steff was rambunctious as usual, she just ran around and went and went and went until she dropped at 10:30. She was actually pretty easy to put to bed and she even stayed in her bed instead of going to the hallway or the kitchen to fall asleep. She's such a little spit-fire. I love her to death though. She says the funniest things and she's a little parrot. So, no swearing at my house, it's just not wise to have her around that kind of environment. We weren't bad before she started parroting but we don't even say "hell" any more. I don't say squat since I got busted on Sadie's birthday when Steff said "damn it" three times, right in front of my mother in-law. I could have died.

Sadie was a little on the clingy side, not bad but definitely more clingy than she usually is. She is still doing that squealing thing she started doing. She gets so excited and she'll just squeal at you. I can't wait to see her react to other people besides those of us that live in this house. I know Christmas is going to be an overstimulating experience for her. At least she will sleep whenever the mood strikes her. Besides, she such a good baby I can't imagine the hustle and bustle of Christmas being too tough.

Our Christmas day events are pretty few. On Christmas morning we don't have anywhere to be until we go to Ryan's dad's at 11. That is going to be nice, just hanging out at home for a little while before we have to leave. After that we don't have to go anywhere until 6pm when we go over to my sisters for my family get together. It should be a nice, fairly relaxing day.

I'm still looking forward to Christmas and after I go to bed and wake up in the morning it will only be 4 days until the big event. I'm so excited. This is going to be a good Christmas. And, next year is going to be even better.

No comments: