Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Getting So Excited and Going Crazy

I am ever so excited for Christmas and it's coming fast...fast, fast, fast...Today I had an appointment with my family for a Christmas surprise for all our parents and grandparents and it was a chore. I hope they all appreciate it greatly...I know we'll love it when it gets here but I don't know if everyone will understand the sacrifice we had to go through. We had two tired, ornery little girls and an exhausted daddy. Kieran and I did good and we stayed in a great mood but we could have done without the drama.
I am feeling pretty good, I haven't had any pain for quite some time. Matter of a fact I don't really remember the last time I felt this good. I haven't had pain for days and I do mean days. That's quite the big deal since I usually live in some level of pain.
I slept in our bed last night and it was nice and comfortable. I loved every minute of it, up until I had to get out of bed to get ready for our miserable adventure today. The only good thing about getting out of bed was that I had the chance to take a shower without a single interruption. None, not even a little knock at the door. I was able to relax and just soak up the nice steam. I actually had a moment of dignity.
My son is driving me crazy...he wants to argue about every little thing. For instance, the fifth grade is doing a gift exchange and the gift needs to be something that either a boy or a girl would like and it can't cost more than a dollar. Well, we have the perfect gift in which we had planned to give Kieran but he doesn't want to give up one of his gifts. I even told him I'd get him a better gift than the one under the tree and he just refused to agree. I finally just told him that he was going to take this gift to school and deal with it or I wasn't going to replace it. Man kids are so selfish with their gifts sometimes. The funny part is what the gift is and where it came from. It's an over sized deck of cards that came from the dollar store. I had gotten them to put in his stocking but I already had too much stuff to put in his stocking and they wouldn't fit, so, I wrapped them.

No comments: