Monday, December 10, 2007

Steff Has Something Against Me

I think my daughter has something against me. You see, she was a good girl all day yesterday and up until daddy walked out the door she was good today. I mean, literally, walked out the door. I was in the garage saying goodbye to him and he asked me to come back into the house and grab his magazine when I discover Steff had gone in to my room. Where Sadie was sleeping...She flipped on the light and rummaged through the things on Ryan's dresser before settling on a yo-yo to play with.
So, I got after her, layed Sadie back down, turned off the light, shut the door and went back out to finish saying goodbye to Ryan...
And, again, I had to run into the house for something for Ryan AND...she had pulled out my baby lilac bush...Right out of the potting soil! I had just planted it yesterday. So, I got after her again, replanted my bush and went back out to finish saying goodbye for the last time to Ryan.
I guess you're probably waiting for the next trick she had up her sleeve but I'm thinking aren't two tricks enough to realize this child has something against me?
I can't think of what made her start her two year old tricks as soon as Ryan walked out the door and why she remained an angel while he was home. I must be doing something wrong to deserve this mistreatment. If anyone knows why a child would treat one parent this way and not the other please feel free to comment. But, don't think it has anything to do with me being softer on the discipline because I'm the one that does most of that. We have wracked our brains coming up with ideas...Like, maybe she doesn't respect me as much, maybe I don't give her enough positive attention, she feels safe being a stinker around me, she is expressing her feelings that Ryan isn't home or has just left...these are the ideas we came up with and knowing which one, if any are the reason is complicated and possibly impossible...

No comments: