Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Good Day Gone

We had a great day today. It was nice and peaceful yet fun day. We had a nice docile morning and the girls were angels.
Then, it was the Christmas shopping we did that I mentioned earlier and then, Ryan put up the lights and we all took a nice, lazy, winter day nap.
The girls were good today and I'm feeling much more refreshed and ready for the next week. Ryan should be done with all the extra overtime he's been doing soon and life will return to normal and my kids won't drive me quite so crazy.
I went and helped my mother in-law put up her Christmas tree and do a little decorating. I also offered to clean her house for her. I love that woman so very much and she wasn't feelin well so helping her was the least I could do.
Right now, Ryan is reading Steff a bedtime story, Sadie is sound asleep and Kieran has gone off to bed.
Ryan was such a wonderful man earlier and made dinner while I was at his mom's. I felt bad that I wasn't home to make dinner but he's such a great help and I really do appreciate him.
I still can't believe that Steff didn't have any episodes with making mess and getting into trouble for the entire day. It must be a miracle...Tis' the season, I guess.
Kieran did go snowboarding and as usual he had a great time. I'm happy the season has started for him to be able to go and do that. I hope he gets to go more this year than he did last year. Not that last year he didn't go much, it's just that I would like him to go even more this year. It's good for him.
Sadie had another great day. She was her usual self and nothing really new to report. She did do quite a bit of babbling today(as I already said) and it never got old hearing her adorable little voice.
I am in a good place. We watched Christmas movies tonight and got the kids all excited for Christmas. Kieran said he was going to bed to dream about Christmas. I loved hearing that. I hope he does have a great night and Christmas dreams.

No comments: