Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Up at Three

Ryan came home and decided he'd missed me so he woke me up and thus, here I sit, wide awake and confused about the events of this night. You see, Kieran slept in the dining room next to the puppy, who, at this point is being quiet after a mid-night whine session. Steff is sleeping on the couch and not to soundly I might add. She has woke up several times tonight and each time she wants a different show on tv. Sadie just fell back to sleep after a bought of sleeplessness and Ryan should be off to lala land anytime. I am sitting her blogging. It's now ten to four and I can't sleep. I really don't have much to blog about since I do most of my blogging on the family blog but none-the-less, here I sit.
I have been walking with the Lord more since I went to church. I came to the harsh realization that I hadn't been giving Him my all. That I was exhisting for my own personal gain. I feel terrible but I also know that because of His love for me I'm forgiven and I don't intend to repeat the offense. Glory to God in the highest is what I want to say. He gives all things and takes all things. I am so happy that I have Him in my corner. If God is for me, who can be against me? A rhetorical question really, I mean, think about it. . .when you have the Most High on your side things can't be any better. There is no famine, worry, self-indulgence, you are purified in Him. There isn't much else I can say about the love I know God has for me but I do have to admit that I like it when he gives me gentle reminders about who He wants me to be rather than the harsh ones that teach the truth through trials. Don't get me wrong all the lessons He teaches me are well learned, maybe still repeated, as I am human and that just makes us stupid by default but all lessons are well learned. Sometimes the harsh one's are the ones that stick the most. I just try to remember he does everything in love. He wants us to grow and He'd be much more pleased if we'd take the hint as apposed to the book being thrown at us but it's His job to teach us what He needs from us, what jobs He has for us to do. I think I'm going to go off and study my Bible for a few. I feel at my best right now. No pain and no kids...that truly is what He deserves, my best.

No comments: