Thursday, January 3, 2008

Read About My Rexy

I just looked up some good info on Chihuahua's and how to take care of adults and puppies too. I read some good info, like they only need a bath once a month and to not get their ears wet because it can cause ear infections.
I read they are easy to paper train and that they need a space of their own. They are great family dogs but can be a little nervous around small children that they aren't used to.
He will take a day or two to get used to this being his new home and they are prone to gaining weight so they shouldn't have snacks.
I'm really looking forward to having a little friend. I hope he takes to me well. They are very protective of their owners and will follow them around. I think that will be so cute.
I also read they don't do well in temperatures that are lower than 45 degrees. So he'll have to have a coat and a sweater.

No comments: