Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Mad House

I had my first therapy session today and it went very well. I learned that the reason I spend money is to control something when I'm feeling out of control. I just need to find things to calm myself down and bring myself back into a safe level of control. I can't be too in control or I'll hit a manic phase of my disorder but I can't be too low or I'll be in a depressed state of that same disorder. Also known as Bipolar. . .another ungly word that is part of my life. I do okay but I want to change certain parts of myself. I'm proud of myself for taking the initiative and getting the help that both I need and my budget needs.
The kids are being hyper tonight. The puppy does that to them. Of course, they in turn make him hyper too. Oh, how I long for bedtime. I know it won't be for a few hours yet since Steff took a nap but I can hope and pray and learn to deal with the way things are. I wonder though, where is Steff going to decide she wants to sleep? It's getting to be very out of control...
Oh, the stomping that is going on because the kids are trying to get the dog to bark. It's amazing that my floor doesn't just collapse. . .
The potty training is going well with the dog. He has these pads that are designed for him to potty on and he does a good job at using them. I'm quite the proud little parent. It's not going to be easy to get him used to going outside but come spring he's gonna be learning a new set of tricks.

No comments: