Sunday, September 23, 2007

Missing, Homemaking and More Twins

Wow, what a week we had...It was a long week but not a bad week...As you may recall I watched my best friend's 4 year old twins. Ryan and I both see a definite maturity in Steffanie after having older children to watch. She has been speaking more clear and talking more. She has been expressing her feelings too. Kieran was my little life saver because by the time he would get home from school I would be ready for a break. He would play with Heather, Vance and Steffanie while I was able to just sit back and watch for a few minutes. He did his chores with surprising ease and then he'd go off to play. Sadie continued to follow the twins around all week. They were equally sweet and fascinated by her.
Well, our long week is over and I discovered something about myself through this adventure...I learned I like being "Suzie Homemaker." I would spend much of my time making different deserts and various other food dishes while Steff and the twins watched television in the morning. Then in the afternoon, around 11 or so they would venture outside and play and that was usually when Ryan would get out of bed. He'd watch them outside while I continued my homemaking and get lunch taken care of. This was a far cry from the usual for me...as you can tell from the dates on these posts, I didn't spend much time blogging or doing the usual things that I do.
The jury is still out on what our decision is about having more children. I think we both feel that we could do it but that once Sadie starts getting older we don't really know if we want to start the sleepless nights all over again. We'll see when the time comes, which is in about 2 more years....Don't hold your breath for more Kelstrom's from us though, we wouldn't want you to be too disappointed when the jury comes in.
We didn't get much done in the way of house keeping and lawn care. It was just too hard to chase kids and care for them and be able to spend the time we usually spend on these things. We talked about me watching Heather and Vance on a more permanent level and after much thought and deliberation we decided that it wasn't a great idea. We both would love to help Jenn out but we learned that during the day before Ryan goes to work is when we have the chance to spend our quality time together. With extra kids it just wasn't possible and we both truly missed spending that time together.
Next week is back to normal so I'm sure I'll be back with more posts on the crazy and fun things my little family does and experiences. Thanks for all your support and love and of course for taking the time to check in and read about our lives. We love and miss those we don't see or hear from much. Take care of yourselves and remember to say your prayers.

No comments: