Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Another great day!!!

Yep, it happened again, we had another great day. That's 2 in a row. I wonder if it has anything to with the fact that I have left the house for an hour or so each of these two days? Maybe they are great days because I got out and felt refreshed all day? Or maybe it's because the girls got to spend time alone with their daddy? Or maybe it's just been luck? Who knows? All I know is that I had two days where Steffanie didn't whine like a banshee, Sadie played very contentedly on the floor and Kieran didn't pester his sister and he did his homework with minimal whining. What luck and blessings this has been for me.
Kieran and I had a dental appointment today. And, as I suspected he had a cavity. I previously blogged about how I believed he was expending energy trying to trick me that he was brushing his teeth instead of actually spending the energy to do it. Having a cavity proves my theory but in spite of it I am so proud of him, he had it filled without any novocaine. No I'm not cruel nor do I enjoy hurting my children...The dentist believed there would be more pain from the shot to numb his mouth than the actual drilling of the cavity itself. Besides, he thinks he's big and tough. So, I'm sure you'll hear how he had a cavity filled without being numb. Just humor him...He's also had a great demeanor since his appointment with Dr. Kluthe. He always seems refreshed after he has a chance to express his feelings to someone he can trust. I cannot express what great things and clarity this man has brought to our family(Dr. Kluthe, that is). Especially since the untimely death of Sean. If your child is in the least bit troubled please get them professional help, you'll be glad you did.
Steffanie has just been a doll. What more can I say about her? She has been talking really well and asking nicely for things. She comes to me and tells me what she wants instead of throwing herself on the floor and crying. She still will take off out the door to play outside but she cooperates when I follow her and tell her she needs to come back into the house. I don't have to pick up her kicking and screaming little body and carry her in the crook of my arm like usual.
Sadie has a funny new thing she does. She will whine and cry but continues to play. She will be on her knees stretch her neck out and throw her head back and do this screeching crying thing. You cannot help but laugh...I gave her bath last night and put her hair into its first pony tail. I tried to take some pictures but her hair is so fair that it didn't show up well at all.
Ryan is sick of work. I think I understand what he's going through because I've been there. I think we all get to the point where we're sick of our jobs. It's the same old thing day in and day out and it feels like it will never end and we'll never get a break. He just had 4 days off and I think playing daddy and doing things around the house just bugged him even more than had he had work. I know he needs a break and I'm trying to come up with ideas and ways to get him out and about alone. I think he needs to take a day and go fishing. Especially with the mild weather we are having this week. He's a good man and he deserves a refresher. If you have any ideas please post them for me or send me an email. I really need to get the love of my life a break. tkelstrom@comcast.net.
I am doing well. Having an appointment on both yesterday and today was a short refresher from home. Maybe that's why I feel it's been two great days? Today, when I went to the dentist I had to have two previous cavities refilled. I am such a wuss...I had a shot of novocaine, and happy gas. Please keep in mind there was a dentist when I was child that got in trouble for his unkind practices on children and that same man filled many of my childhood cavities. I have a reason to fear the dentist and the drill and the smell...It's all making me nauseous now. I can deliver 3 kids and that's fine but don't expect me to have a tiny little cavity filled without happy gas.
Well, I've blogged and updated enough. Please send your responses of ideas for breaks for my darling husband to my email. I hope you have a great and blessed day yourselves.

1 comment:

Veronica Foale said...

Congratulations on having 2 great days in a row! YAY