Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The days of our lives...

Well, summer is coming to an end and it's still hot. I have this gut feeling we're going to go from hot to cold virtually over night. I guess that's okay as long as the cold brings a lot of snow this year. It's been a dry summer so some water would be nice to have.

It's just another day in our house; Ryan is in bed, Kieran is at school, Steffanie is watching Sprout and Sadie is taking a catnap in her bouncer, I'm bored so here I sit blogging. I've decided this is more of a good way to journal all the happenings in our lives than it is anything else. I just so happen to be able to share it with the world. Maybe some other stay at home mom will see she's not the only one going through the motions of a careerless life.

Kieran is still enjoying school, he doesn't say a whole lot about it, he just gives the thumbs up and says he likes it. I sent an email out to our family asking for volunteers to join the PTA and I offered to do the time if they would sign up. So far, I owe quite a bit of time but his gram said she'd help. Praise the Lord. Ryan warned me not to get in over my head, sad part is...if I'm volunteering for the PTA he's home with girls so I volunteered his time too...Kieran has an appointment with his psychologist today at two so I'll be taking a break from home for about an hour. Tomorrow he has a dental appointment and dad and I are curious to see if and how many cavities he has. He says he brushes his teeth but I think he exerts as much energy trying to trick me as he would simply brushing his teeth. Kids...

Steffanie has been so whinny and emotional for so long that it feels like this terrible twos thing is going to last forever. Sad part is, I remember Kieran being a bigger stinker at 3 then he was at 2. Maybe she'll grow out of it and he was a late bloomer. I made an appointment with her cardiologist in October. It escapes us that she was born with 2 heart defects since she has always been okay. She never needed surgery and the hole in her two chambers had decreased in size the last time we took her in. This should be the last one as long as the hole has closed itself off. Please pray that her heart has healed itself so we don't have to face any of the surgery and such that can accompany a heart defect. Lately she has had a strange and almost non existent nap schedule. I've had to change it to a nap every other day and rest time on the opposite days. I need the quiet time and the break so instead of napping she has to go into her room and spend time being quiet and playing in there. I think she even feels refreshed after her quiet time. Not as refreshed as the days she takes a nap but she's happy to see me and be able to get out of her room. It's working-for now.

Sadie has gotten to be quite the little crawler. She has a little after burner she kicks in when she's trying to bolt into a room or out the door. It's so cute, she gets this determined look on her face and she takes off with her little head down as if she's trying to be more aerodynamic. Her poor little knees are red and irritated, it sure is taking a lot longer to build the callousess on her knees than I thought it would, and to boot she has sensitive skin. As I mentioned before she was napping in her bouncer but that is not so any longer. Steffanie woke her up so now she's just bouncing and babbling away. Every morning she takes a nap in her bouncer. I've tried to lay her in her bed but she just cries until I get her up, and then the moment she is in her bouncer and has her blankie and her silkie she lays her head down, jumps for a minute and lights out. Not much phases her either, well, not usually. She will usually sleep right through all of Steff's whinning and yelling. I should probably tell you what a silkie is. It's actually one of my satin nightgowns. It was hanging by her crib(she sleeps in our room for now)and she would pull it through the slats and nestle with it. I decided instead of trying to pull it out and hang it back up that she could just have it as a comfort item. It's quite cute.

Ryan has been trying to fix our camera. Every time we put the memory card in it, it reads "card unreadable" and will not format. He had it working then I took the card out to put the pictures on it into my computer and the error message came back. It's beyond him what he did to fix it so he's been running though all the stuff that he did before. He's handy...I don't know many other men that can build a computer from the ground up, fix an electric can opener, create a funnel system from pieces to another lawn mower and yet clean the house as if he's the house-dad. I love it and it's great for our kids. Our daughters will expect equality in their marriages and our son will learn how to tinker with things instead of requiring the help from someone else. He's such a great dad in more ways than just being present in their lives. His strength is an inspiration to me. He works around 50 hours a week, helps with the kids when he's home, cleans the house, and fixes all the broken stuff we have. All the while making sure he's loving to all of us. How he does it, I don't know.

I have been well, my hips haven't been too bad and my back has only been slightly in pain. I really need to get my butt back into therapy and learn how to deal with living in pain. I don't want to be on medication my whole life. I want to learn what triggers the pain and how to combat it. I have read that yoga is an excellent way to strengthen the muscles around the spine to create a stronger back and thus less pain. I would love to find a yoga class but I've just donated all my time to the PTA-hehehe...

No comments: