Friday, September 28, 2007

Just an Update

This week has cruised by with ease and in a state of contentment...I thought I'd try to say something profound. Did it work? I'm just having a little fun...There isn't a whole lot to report but I really enjoy updating this.
I took the girls to see their pediatrician, Dr. Silas yesterday. They both have a rash. Steff has had hers for weeks and Sadie's showed up about 4 days ago. Please don't think I'm a rotten parent by allowing my daughters to have rashes for more than a day before taking them to see their doctor. You have to understand that Steff's looked painless and she didn't complain of any pain and she had no itching. At least not at first. It started out on her legs and once it spread to her torso and arms she started scratching a spot on her arm. That was the final straw, she needed to see the doctor. Come to find out it's an eczema type rash that she will have to deal with for an undetermined amount of time maybe even life. It also got worse cuz the season changed. The doc said it would usually get worse as the seasons change and to keep her lotioned and clean and dry. He gave her a cream and said it would clear it up but as I said, he advised to keep her clean and lotioned. Ryan and I feel bad for her but we weren't surprised since he has eczema on his face and I also have a hard time with drying, cracking and bleeding on my hands when the weather is cold.
You should have seen Steffanie with the nurse and the doctor...When we first got there they needed to weigh her so the nurse had her take her shoes off and stand on the "big girl" scale. She was so proud of herself. I was shocked to see she weighed 37 pounds! Then she needed her temperature taken but she wasn't hip on the nurse sticking the thermometer into her ear. So, we had Sadie try it first...Steff was fine with it once she saw it didn't hurt and we told her to listen for the beep. She said, "It's beepin!" It was cute. She was so good that she earned a sucker. I think the cutest thing she did was tell the doctor bye. "Bye, doctor Silas." Man, she is so cute...
Sadie's rash was completely different from Steff's and you probably could guess that it was a food allergy. Hers looked like Steff's at first but by the morning that I took them in to the doc it looked like it could be stinging. The doctor said to use some of Steff's cream and to keep her on foods that we know she doesn't have any allergies to, at least until it clears up. This morning it looked a lot better. She is getting up their in size. Even though we still think she looks very little. She weighed in at 19 pounds and 3 ounces. She is so close to being 20 pounds and in a forward facing card seat. I'm really looking forward to having her facing forward. I think they (children) look so cute when you first stick them in a forward facing seat.
Kieran doesn't have much new going on. I already talked about him being class president and finishing his book report book. The only thing new I can think of off the top of my head is how he caught and made the winning touch down at his game Tuesday. Which means I had to pay him $5.00. I made a deal with him during one of his practices that I would give him a dollar for every touchdown he makes unless it's the one that determines whether they win or not and that one would be worth $5.00. He really likes financial incentives. What kid doesn't like to earn a little money here and there? That of course, is not the only touchdown he's made but it was the big one.
Yesterday was a wonderful day. Ryan's brother Brad came to visit with us. It was wonderful hearing how he's doing and how school is going. It was also wonderful to talk about him and Lindsey and how marriage is treating them both. It goes without saying that it's a big adjustment but they seem to be doing well. They are fortunate enough to be able to spend each evening together and Brad said they usually are doing homework. I thought it was sweet and those are the things they will remember when their lives have changed and they have kids. I told him that the one thing I'd like to see them do is truly enjoy each other and the time they have together before they start having kids. Ryan and I know from experience that although children are wonderful blessings from the Lord you cannot get back that time to spend together.
Ryan's work is having an employee appreciation day and they have gotten tickets to a Weber State University football game. So, we'll be going to see the Wildcats play this next weekend. I'm pretty excited to spend a few hours with just Ryan and Kieran. I know Kieran will love it too. He loves to do things like that and we haven't had the chance to do them much. I'm sure I'll be back to blog about the game and anything exciting that might happen.
I want to take a minute to say I love my husband and my children. The Lord showed me how great our lives are when I watched Jenn's twins(while she worked). My family is my everything and my darling husband is my world. I thank God each day for his love and support. I may be on the verge of crazy but don't ever think for one minute that I'm complaining. I really have nothing to gripe about, how could I with 3 healthy children and an adoring husband? I pray each of you can see the blessings in your life and that during those times of desperation you can flip things around and change your perspective. I read something wise in this book Boundaries in Marriage that I would like to share as one last comment for this blog..."People who always want to be happy and pursue it above all else are some of the most miserable people in the world." Think about it...

No comments: