Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back to Normal and Thankful for Everything

I'm back to express how grateful I am to have my normal routine back...I have been really enjoying my family this week. It's amazing how we have to have little reminders of how good our lives are from time to time. Having Jenn's twins really helped open my eyes to how good my family has it. I forgot how lucky my kids are to have a nice big back yard, a swing set and even fresh raspberries growing. It took me watching Jenn's twins to remember what blessings the Lord has sent our way and I'm thankful it wasn't a painful lesson.
Kieran finished the book he was reading! I was so happy and proud of him when he came back from his over-niter with his grandparents and he announced he'd finished it. He has been working on his book report and now that he has finished the book he has all the information he needs to complete it. Another big event in his life is that he is class President. He came home from school Monday all excited...he says he gets to do chores...imaging that. I have to fight with him to do them and Mr. Visser has him wanting to do them. Ironic...
Steffanie has been very talkative and expressive this week. One of the funniest things she says is, "That's right daddy/mommy" and "Good job daddy/mommy." Can you imagine your two year old telling you what a great job you are doing? It's hilarious...
Since last week we have been having play time because I realized how she watches far too much television. So, I turn off the tv, turn on the radio and tell her it's play time. She didn't like it at first and would ask for "td." Now she is happy to hang out with me and dance to the music. She uses her imagination and plays on her own too. One other cute thing she has been doing is playing with Sadie. She will toss a toy and tell Sadie to go "get it." I really like that she acknowledges her sister's existence. She has figured out that something small is a baby. She saw a small tube of toothpaste in the drawer, pulled it out and said it was a "baby." It's so fun to see her mind work and figure out things in life.
Sadie is busy, and for the past 3 days she has woke up on the wrong side of the crib. She now follows people around and wants to be held. If you walk by her and don't hold her she will follow you all the while crying. It's kinda cute but getting hard to deal with, particularly when you have things to do and she thinks you need to stop and hold her. She is such a people person. She has also been pulling up to standing on anything that looks sturdy. Notice the phrase "looks sturdy" because she pulls herself up on things that topple over the minute she stands up. So then we have tears and bruises. I don't remember Steff or Kieran doing this but I've decided with each baby you have to start all over again because you forget how to be a parent. Totally unfair...but God stated in the Bible that a woman would forget the pain of childbirth because if she could remember she wouldn't do it again, I guess being a parent of a baby goes in that category too.
Ryan has been doing very well. I hate to say it and I'm sure he'll cuss me for sharing this information but he has been on new medication and everything has changed. From his physical problems to his stress level he has been a completely different person. He laughs because he used to believe that a person could just get past their problems and no one needed medication. He calls himself a hypocrite. But, He now sees what a difference it makes to have it as opposed to living life half emotionally dead. He has been just a happier person and it's been nice. He reminds me of when we first started dating and how fun and comical he was. That was five years ago so it's been far too long since he was "normal" feeling. I'm very proud of him for seeing that he might have a chemical imbalance and that there is medication for it.
It's time for me to start my Susie Homemaking so I will see you all later. Love You Much!!!

No comments: