Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just another day...

Wow it's been interesting around here...
Kieran has been preparing for school which starts tomorrow and he's both excited and not. I'm excited for him to start fifth grade I think he will like this year even more than last year. He's excited about the d.a.r.e program they will be participating in in January. He's been going to Classic Waterslides quite a bit and having a good time enjoying the end of his summer. He's growing up so fast...he has been walking to the waterslide and back, with friends of course, but he's been set free to be a little more grown up. He's also been to the rodeo with his gram and he fell asleep if you imagine that's possible. He's been doing his chores without griping and has been saving the money he earns from them to buy an airsoft riffle and pistol set. Apparently they are camouflaged or so he says. We went and got his fohawk yesterday and I like it. It's kind of like a mohawk but not so obnoxious and it can be combed to a nice flat style for times when spiking it up is not appropriate.
Steffanie has been a stinker, the other day she escaped out the front door and I found her in the road playing in the gutter. I just about died. We live on a quiet street but once in a while we get the idiot who thinks they need to drive like a jerk so all I could think was how tragic this all could have been. One day she was on a spilling kick, she dumped out her sisters rice cereal and proceeded to play in it and then she dumped out the sugar container. She kept pulling all the stuff off the counter she could see. Then, to top it all off somehow she got a hold of my razor and tried to shave her legs which again could have been tragic but she only knicked her leg a little, not even enough to bleed really. She's been more complacent the past day or so and it's been a break on my nerves that's for sure.
Sadie has been eating really good, we had a hard time there for a while. We had to get her to laugh so we could put it in her mouth. That was a pain in the back side but those times are over (for now anyway). She threw her first temper tantrum; I didn't see it but Ryan told me she was laying on her stomach and kicking her legs and flalling her arms all the while screaming. He said it was pretty funny and I've seen it since and it is pretty funny to see. She can crawl but she still prefers the comando crawl as her dad puts it. She had her grandma and grandpa Marquart laughing on Saturday. She gets some good movement out of it and she's in the kitchen or headed out the front door before we know where she took off to.
Ryan and I have been doing well and I've decided he's my own personal romance novel. He's that loving and wonderful and exciting. We spent Sunday cutting up a tree that fell in our yard. We were blessed enough that it fell away from our house instead of on it. Ryan decided he wanted to cut back this huge tree we have in our front yard and he had to get on the roof to do it. I got up there with him for a few minutes and realized how dangerous it was having him up there so I made him cut back the minimal amount and get down. I don't know what I would have done if anything had happened to him. My world would have crushed. I love him so much it hurts but I'm smart enough to be good to him and keep him close.
Well those are the latest happenings in my family. I hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures, I'll be back when more interesting things have happened and as you see, it shouldn't be too long...

No comments: